Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. 6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 1 Timothy 2 English Standard Version (ESV) Pray for All People. Read verse in English Standard Version Create or log in to your Bible Gateway account. 2 Timothy 1:6, ESV: "For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands," 2 Timothy 1:6, KJV: "Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands." 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus, 2 To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 2 Timothy 1:6 6 For this reason I remind you n to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, Read more Share Copy 2 To Timothy, d my beloved child: e Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Guard the Deposit Entrusted to You. 2 To Timothy, d my beloved child: e Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. English Standard Version Update. To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings. 2 Timothy 1 English Standard Version (ESV) Greeting. 2 Timothy 1 :: English Standard Version (ESV) Strong's. 3 But n the Lord is faithful. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. 3:4 dignified in every way. 2Ti iiTi ii Tim) 2 Timothy Greeting. Wherefore — Because I remember this; I put thee in remembrance — Because of my love to thee; that thou stir up the gift of God — That is, every gift which the grace of God has given thee. 1:6 the testimony about our Lord, nor of # [ver. 2 Timothy 1:6 NIV 2 Timothy 1:6 NLT 2 Timothy 1:6 ESV 2 Timothy 1:6 NASB 2 Timothy 1:6 KJV 2 Timothy 1:6 Bible Apps 2 Timothy 1:6 Biblia Paralela 2 Timothy 1:6 Chinese Bible 2 Timothy 1:6 French Bible 2 Timothy 1:6 German Bible Bible Hub ESV Text Edition: 2016. 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus, 2 To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. 2 Timothy 1:6-7. 2 Timothy 1:6 NIV 2 Timothy 1:6 NLT 2 Timothy 1:6 ESV 2 Timothy 1:6 NASB 2 Timothy 1:6 KJV 2 Timothy 1:6 BibleApps.com 2 Timothy 1:6 Biblia Paralela 2 Timothy 1:6 Chinese Bible 2 Timothy 1:6 French Bible 2 Timothy 1:6 Clyx Quotations NT Letters: 2 Timothy 1:6 For this cause I remind you that (2 Tim. 16]; See Eph. 2 Timothy 4. For m not all have faith. 2 Timothy Greeting. 2 Timothy 1:6 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] 2 Timothy 1:6, NIV: "For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands." 2 Timothy Greeting. 6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 1:6 the testimony about our Lord, nor of # [ver. Pray for Us. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. 1 Timothy 2. 2 Timothy 1 is the first chapter of the Second Epistle to Timothy in the New Testament of the Christian Bible.The letter is traditionally attributed to Paul the Apostle, the last one written in Rome before his death (c. 64 or 67), addressed to Timothy. 1 Timothy 2:1–6 Pray for All People 2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 v for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and w dignified in every way. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, The word αναζωπυρειν is a metaphorical expression, borrowed from stirring up fire when it is almost extinct, and thereby causing it to burn with a fresh flame. 3 f I thank God g whom I serve, as did my ancestors, h with a clear conscience, as I remember you i constantly in my prayers night and day. 2 Timothy 2:6, KJV: "The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits." Isaiah 43:26 Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare you, that you …. 1:1; Titus 3:4 who saved us and # [Heb. English Standard Version 2 Timothy 1:6. The ESV ® text has been reproduced in cooperation with and by permission of Good News Publishers. 3 This is good, and # ch. Guard the Deposit Entrusted to You. International Standard Version For this reason, I am reminding you to fan into flames the gift of God that is within you through the laying on of my hands. 3 Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. English Standard Version Update. 2 To Timothy, d my beloved child:. 2 Timothy 1:6–8 6 For this reason I remind you n to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us o a spirit not of fear but p of power and love and self-control. You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, (Lu 16:14; Ro 1:30; Php 2:21; 1Ti 6:10). 2 Timothy 2:6, ESV: "It is the hard-working farmer who ought to have the first share of the crops." 3 But n the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and o guard you against p the evil one. 2 Timothy 3 English Standard Version Godlessness in the Last Days 1 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 Timothy 1:6–12 Appeal for Loyalty to Paul and the Gospel 6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. Listen to the Bible . ESV® Text Edition: 2016. The next step is to choose a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment information. 3 Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 6 For this reason I remind you n to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us o a spirit not of fear but p of power and love and self-control. 1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 v for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and w dignified in every way. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. Guard the Deposit Entrusted to You. It looks like you’re already subscribed to Bible Gateway Plus! 2 Timothy 1:6-7. 3:1]; See Rom. 2 Timothy 1 English Standard Version (ESV) Greeting. 3 f I thank God g whom I serve, as did my ancestors, h with a clear conscience, as I remember you i constantly in my prayers night and day. 2 Timothy 1:6–7 (ESV): "6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus, 2 To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 5:4 it is pleasing in the sight of # ch. 3 b Share in suffering as c a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. 3 Finally, brothers, 1 j pray for us, that k the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, 2 as happened among you, 2 and l that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. Don't have an account? 6 For this reason I remind you (A)to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us (B)a spirit not of fear but (C)of power and love and self-control. Take notes, highlights, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts. 2 You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, 2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, [] who will be able to teach others also. English Standard Version (ESV) Bible Book List. Read verse in English Standard Version Version . 4 j As I remember your tears, k I long to see you, that I may be filled with joy. Paragraph. Red Letter. 6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. Guard the Deposit Entrusted to You. 2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 2 Timothy 2:22 So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. 2 Timothy Greeting. Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? 2 Timothy 1:6-11. 2 Timothy 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the …. 6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. Learn more. 2 Timothy 1:6 in all English translations, ESV Study Bible, Large Print, TruTone, Mahogany with Trellis Design, ESV Journaling Bible, Interleaved Edition, Cloth over Board, Tan, ESV Super Giant Print Bible (TruTone Imitation Leather, Burgundy), ESV Study Bible--genuine cowhide leather, deep brown. 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus, 2 To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 1 Timothy 2:1–15 Pray for All People 2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 v for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and w dignified in every way. e Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.. Guard the Deposit Entrusted to You. 2 Timothy 1:6-12 English Standard Version (ESV). Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. 1 Timothy 1:6-12 ESV. n 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, o but gives us power, p love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:6-7 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. Three easy steps to start your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus. 2 Timothy 1 - ESV: Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus, To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. ESV: English Standard Version 2016 . 3:1 me his prisoner, but # ch. 2 Timothy 1:6 6 For this reason I remind you n to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, Read more Share Copy Guard the Deposit Entrusted to You. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. It is such an expression as an aged Presbyterian, or Congregational, or Baptist minister would address to a son whom he had assisted to ordain. 2. 8 Therefore # See Mark 8:38 do not be ashamed of # See 1 Cor. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) Greeting. What are the benefits of creating an account? All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices. 2 Timothy Greeting. 8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, Listen to the Bible . Paragraph. 2 Timothy 1 :: English Standard Version (ESV) Strong's. The ESV ® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version ®) copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. 2 Timothy 1:6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, Read verse in English Standard Version 1 Timothy 2. 1 Timothy 2:1-6. Creating an account allows you to access more features and content such as: Reading the Bible is rewarding, and these plans make it easy! Verse. 8:28 called us to # 1:9 Or with a holy calling, # Titus 3:5; See Rom. 2 Timothy 2:6 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] 2 Timothy 2:6, NIV: "The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops." 3:1]; See Rom. 1:1; Titus 3:4 who saved us and # [Heb. Wherefore — Because I remember this; I put thee in remembrance — Because of my love to thee; that thou stir up the gift of God — That is, every gift which the grace of God has given thee. 1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 # Ezra 6:10 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and # ch. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 2 To Timothy, e my true child in the faith: f Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the NIV Study Bible and the NKJV MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition - is just a step away! English Standard Version (ESV). Pray for All People. English Standard Version (ESV) Bible Book List. 1 Timothy 2:1-6 Pray for All People. (). Jesus said it was to our advantage that He go away so the Holy Spirit could come and fill and gift us to do even greater works than He did. Bible > ESV > 2 Timothy 1 2 Timothy 1 English Standard Version: Par Greeting. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. Tools. Tools. 1 Timothy 4:6 If you put the brothers in remembrance of these things, you shall …. Certain persons, by swerving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion, desiring to be teachers of the law, without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions. ESV Women's Study Bible--soft leather-look, teal, ESV Illuminated Scripture Journal: 27-Volume Old Testament Boxed Set, ESV Holy Bible for Kids, Softcover Economy Edition, ESV Student Study Bible, Trutone, Chestnut, ESV Archaeology Study Bible (TruTone Imitation Leather, Brown), The Jesus Bible, ESV Edition--soft leather-look, multi-color/teal.