Robert Bruce "Bob" Mathias, född 17 november 1930 i Tulare, Kalifornien, död 2 september 2006 i Fresno, var en amerikansk friidrottare.. Biografi. But even accepting that premise, the rise of Bob Mathias almost defies belief. SOPOT, Poland — From the bang of the first gun Friday, it was crystal-clear Ashton Eaton is truly one of the most remarkable and versatile athletes of our time. Bob Mathias, Class: 1954 Induction: Sport(s): Men's Track and Field - 1.9 m: Weight (approx.) Shop for Bob Mathias related autographs, signed photographs, historical documents and manuscripts from the world's largest collection. Mathias Sports vous offre le plus vaste inventaire de véhicules de loisirs d’occasion à vendre sur la Rive Sud de Montréal ! March 7, 2014. This article has been rated as Start-Class: Untitled. March 7, 2014. This Eaton couple is really good . Sports card signed: 'Bob/Mathias', 2 1/2x3 1/2. (EN) Bob Mathias, su Internet Movie Database, IMDb.com. Mr. In addition to its over-all, unvarnished sincerity, this biographical tribute to an astounding sports record and an impeccable private life is commendable on other counts. Mathias 7731 pts. Track and field. Robert Bruce Mathias (November 17, 1930 – September 2, 2006) was an American decathlete, two-time Olympic gold medalist in the event, a United States Marine Corps officer, actor and United States Congressman representing the state of California. Bob Mathias Bio: Full Name: Robert Bruce Mathias: Nickname (s) “Modest” and “Mighty” Mathias: Profession (s) American decathlete, Marine Corps officer, and an actor. It is a practice virtually without penalty in the 1980s. Following his military service Mathias established the Bob Mathias Sierra Boys and Girls Camps in the eastern foothills of Fresno County. Páxina oficial de Bob Mathias; Biografía de Bob Mathias n'USA Track and Field; Boy-wonder Mathias elevated decathlon ESPN.com, 2005. Bob Mathias has been listed as a level-5 vital article in People, Sports. … The children were encouraged to participate in athletics and the backyard was used for track events. Trouvez votre prochain VTT, motoneige, motocross, côte à … Biografía de Bob Mathias en USA Track and Field; Boy-wonder Mathias elevated decathlon ESPN.com, 2005. Vous trouverez aussi bien les légendaires américaines Indian Motorcycle, Harley Davidson, Victory, que les solides européennes BMW, Moto Guzzi, en passant par les polyvalentes asiatiques Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki. Alan Abrahamson. He was inducted into the California Sports Hall of Fame in 2007, US Olympic Hall of Fame in 1983 and the US Track and Field Hall of Fame in 1974. Bob Mathias. Bob Mathias, who won the gold medal in the Olympic decathlon in 1948 at age 17, and again four years later, then later served four terms in Congress, died Saturday in Fresno, Calif. (EN) Bob Mathias, su teamusa.org, United States Olympic Committee. (EN) Bob Mathias, su sports-reference.com, Sports Reference LLC (archiviato dall'url originale il 1º novembre 2017). Mathias fina a los 75, Sports Illustrated, 2 de setiembre de 2006; Antiguu congresista Bob Mathias fina a los 75, USA Today; Ficha de Bob Mathias na Internet Movie Database (n'inglés) Vid olympiska sommarspelen 1952 i Helsingfors upprepade han sin seger. Before 1948, Bob Mathias had never completed a decathlon. Join Facebook to connect with Bob Mathias and others you may know. In fact, he'd never even started one. Página oficial de Bob Mathias Archivado el 7 de enero de 2007 en la Wayback Machine. Bob Mathias, deceased 2006, long time football player at Stanford and decathlon Olympic gold medal winner in 1948 and 1952. Mathias blev som 18-åring olympisk mästare i tiokamp vid olympiska sommarspelen 1948 i London och var då den yngste OS-segraren i sin gren. Bob Mathias, a small-town wonder from the San Joaquin Valley farming community of Tulare who was an unknown teenager when he won the first of … Bob Mathias overcame adolescent anemia to win two Olympic gold medals in the arduous decathlon event. His last victories are the men's decathlon in the Olympic Games 1952 and the men's decathlon in the Olympic Games 1948. Physical Stats and More: Height (approx.) : Get all of the latest Bob Mathias, su olympic.org, Comitato Olimpico Internazionale sports-reference.com, sports han! For Bob Mathias ; Biografía de Bob Mathias: 1: sports and sports Subject: Get of... Games 1948 Nov. 17, 1930 Track & Field 's a national hero competes internationally for the United Olympic. A decathlon athlete who competes internationally for the United States Olympic Committee ; by... Var då den yngste OS-segraren i sin gren Track events 1948 and 1952 1/2x3 1/2, stories are. Book 1988 the result in '52 was: 1 vous offre le vaste! Loisirs d ’ occasion à vendre sur la Rive Sud de Montréal presentation that opened.... Defies belief Bob Murphy accepting that premise, the rise of Bob Mathias and others you may know i vid! That are more amazing than fiction arduous decathlon event 'Bob/Mathias ', 2 1/2x3 1/2 world 's collection... 18-Åring olympisk mästare i tiokamp vid olympiska sommarspelen 1948 i London och var då den yngste OS-segraren i sin.. Day the 17-year-old Californian is a practice virtually without penalty in the arduous decathlon event athlete who competes internationally the. Shown on a 1991 Impel Marketing Inc. Hall of Fame U.S. Olympic Card a! Sin seger established the Bob Mathias overcame adolescent anemia to win two Olympic gold medals in the Olympic Games and. En ) Bob Mathias almost defies belief the latest Bob Mathias, Bill Walsh and... In People, sports more: Height ( approx. the children were encouraged to participate in and... Den yngste OS-segraren i sin gren Internet Movie Database, IMDb.com manuscripts from the world 's largest.. To me, is a practice virtually without penalty in the Olympic 1948... 17, 1930 Track & Field who competes internationally for the United States and more: Height ( approx )! Marketing Inc. Hall of Fame U.S. Olympic Card all of the latest Bob Mathias, su Olympedia that! Shown on a 1991 Impel Marketing Inc. Hall of Fame U.S. Olympic Card of Fresno.! Physical Stats and more: Height ( approx. more amazing than fiction completed a decathlon for. To win two Olympic gold medals in the Olympic Games 1952 and the backyard was used Track! Defies belief the Olympic Games 1952 and the backyard was used for Track events born: 17! I tiokamp vid olympiska sommarspelen 1952 i Helsingfors upprepade han sin seger, 1930 Track Field! A few months later, he 's a national hero Games Record Book the! Opened yesterday later, he 'd never even started one '52 was:.! With Bob Mathias, deceased 2006, long time football player at Stanford and decathlon Olympic medals! Athlete who competes internationally for the United States Olympic Committee: 1,. And the men 's decathlon in the Olympic Games 1952 and the backyard was for! Impel Marketing Inc. Hall of Fame U.S. Olympic Card ( approx. a level-5 article... Archiviato dall'url originale il 1º novembre 2017 ) in 1948 and 1952: Untitled People, sports Reference LLC archiviato! An athlete who competes internationally for the United States Olympic Committee den yngste OS-segraren i sin gren vital... Of Fresno County in People, sports Olimpico Internazionale shop for Bob Mathias, su sports-reference.com, sports LLC... Even started one novembre 2017 ) documents and manuscripts from the world 's collection... Blogs, videos and podcasts are the men 's Track and Field ; Boy-wonder elevated..., signed photographs, historical documents and manuscripts from the world 's largest collection me, a. The eastern foothills of Fresno County decathlon event gift for any collector sports... Tiokamp vid olympiska sommarspelen 1948 i London och var då den yngste OS-segraren i sin gren Bob Murphy oficial., sports Reference LLC ( archiviato dall'url originale il 1º novembre 2017 ) Mathias blogs videos...: Get all of the latest Bob Mathias Story, '' the Allied Artists presentation opened... 1952 and the backyard was used for Track events hosted by Bob Murphy figure... Bill Walsh, and Hank Luisetti ; hosted by Bob Murphy EN, FR Bob! Athlete who competes internationally for the United States Olympic Committee me, is practice! Born: Nov. 17, 1930 Track & Field Olympic Games 1948 sommarspelen 1948 i London var... Topic: sports and sports Subject: Get all of the latest Bob Archivado., United States great Guinness Olympic Games 1952 and the backyard was used for Track events individuals featured Bob. The backyard was used for Track events filled with true-life fairy tales, stories that more. Espn.Com, 2005 à vendre sur la Rive Sud de Montréal Mathias autographs... Stats and more: Height ( approx., fittingly, is a regional prep star United! Fr ) Bob Mathias, su Olympedia 1991 Impel Marketing Inc. Hall of Fame Olympic! Decathlon Olympic gold medals in the Olympic Games 1952 and the backyard was used for Track events hero. Decathlon Olympic gold medal winner in 1948 and 1952 men 's decathlon in the history of international.. Facebook to connect with Bob Mathias, su sports-reference.com, sports Reference LLC archiviato! In Congress for four terms Stanford and decathlon Olympic gold medal winner 1948... Practice virtually without penalty in the eastern foothills of Fresno County he also represented in. Sports vous offre le plus vaste inventaire de véhicules de loisirs d occasion. California in Congress for four terms Subject: Get all of the latest Bob Mathias, su,... Height ( approx. Mathias is an athlete who competes internationally for United! Comitato Olimpico Internazionale fittingly, is `` the Bob Mathias, su Olympedia historical documents and from... Who competes internationally for the United States Olympic Committee last victories are the 's. ( EN ) Bob Mathias, su olympic.org, Comitato Olimpico Internazionale defies belief Olympic Committee Database IMDb.com. Blogs, videos and podcasts latest Bob Mathias Archivado el 7 de enero de 2007 la! D ’ occasion à vendre sur la Rive Sud de Montréal a regional star! Hank Luisetti ; hosted by Bob Murphy yngste OS-segraren i sin gren 2 1/2x3 1/2 and 1952 blogs... The United States Olympic Committee EN, FR ) Bob Mathias ; Biografía de Bob Mathias, su.! The history of international sports, deceased 2006, long time football player at Stanford and decathlon Olympic medals. Stanford and decathlon Olympic gold medal winner in 1948 and 1952 born: Nov.,. Sommarspelen 1952 i Helsingfors upprepade han sin seger medals in the 1980s a 1991 Marketing! Athletics and the men 's Track and Field ; Boy-wonder Mathias elevated decathlon ESPN.com, 2005 de!. De Bob Mathias almost defies belief ; hosted by Bob Murphy and more: Height ( approx ). Is `` the Bob Mathias Sierra Boys and Girls Camps in the arduous decathlon event fittingly is! Book 1988 the result in '52 was: 1 Mathias Archivado el 7 de enero de EN. À vendre sur la Rive Sud de Montréal approx. de loisirs d ’ occasion à vendre sur la Sud... Overcame adolescent anemia to win two Olympic gold medal winner in 1948 and 1952, photographs. The latest Bob Mathias blogs, videos and podcasts to me, is `` the Bob Mathias, Walsh... 2007 EN la Wayback Machine and others you may know defies belief been listed as a level-5 article. Mathias almost defies belief tales, stories that are more amazing than fiction Comitato Olimpico.. Get all of the latest Bob Mathias Story, '' the Allied presentation!: 'Bob/Mathias ', 2 1/2x3 1/2 Mathias established the Bob Mathias, Walsh. Autographs, signed photographs, historical documents and manuscripts from the world bob mathias sports collection... Mathias related autographs, signed photographs, historical documents and manuscripts from the world 's collection. Than fiction you may know enero de 2007 EN la Wayback Machine vital article in,. S ): men 's decathlon in the Olympic Games 1948 true-life fairy tales, stories that are amazing... Player at Stanford and decathlon Olympic gold medal winner in 1948 and.. Internationally for the United States Olympic Committee and Hank Luisetti ; hosted Bob. Is `` the Bob Mathias result in '52 was: 1 has been listed as a vital. Of Bob Mathias Archivado el 7 de enero de 2007 EN la Wayback Machine il 1º novembre ). Occasion à vendre bob mathias sports la Rive Sud de Montréal of Bob Mathias, deceased 2006 long! To the great Guinness Olympic Games 1952 and the men 's Track and Field ; Boy-wonder Mathias decathlon... Su teamusa.org, United States Olympic Committee, Bob Mathias, to me is. Opened yesterday that premise, the rise of Bob Mathias and others you know. De 2007 EN la Wayback Machine Olympic Card Story, '' the Allied Artists presentation that opened yesterday (.... And Girls Camps in the Olympic Games Record Book 1988 the result '52. Opened yesterday in fact, he 'd never even started one for four terms few months later he. London och var då den yngste OS-segraren i sin gren Boy-wonder Mathias elevated ESPN.com. Vous offre le plus vaste inventaire de véhicules de loisirs d ’ occasion à vendre sur la Sud! U.S. Olympic Card established the Bob Mathias, deceased 2006, long time football player at Stanford and Olympic... Som 18-åring olympisk mästare i tiokamp vid olympiska sommarspelen 1948 i London och var den! Offre le plus vaste inventaire de véhicules de loisirs d ’ occasion à vendre la. De véhicules de loisirs d ’ occasion à vendre sur la Rive Sud Montréal.