This does not really answer the question. Pretty weak attempt at humour trying to link the 'pony' phrase and traditional and stereotypical views on Romany folk. Expectations from a violin teacher towards an adult learner. The song ranked at … Others mean what they say but have cultural relevance, like 'free pony'. (American English, informal) a complicated presentation, event or display that is designed to attract people’s attention but which has little real content: They put on a dog and pony show in the hope of attracting new investors. This dream has a positive meaning. Collectible Card Game Boxes, Packs & Supplies. To pay the amount of money that is owed or due for something. Whether sport horse or sport pony, broodmares or dressage- and showjumping-horses, the horse market comprises a large number of sales advertisements with horses of all disciplines. We're known as the NUMBER ONE site for horse sales. At first it felt like a bit of a novelty song. They have had two top ten albums and another three albums reach the Australian top 40. ehorses is the leading marketplace for the placement of … Willy Wonka: Oh they're not for sale. In English people don't usually give names because of their meaning. Depending on the horse’s training, temperament, and how late in life the horse was gelded, a gelding may or may not be the best choice. But then, Susie sits down. Also "shanks' pony." :-). John Holbo got the pony idea from a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon by Bill Watterson, first published in 1987 and described here: Susie wipes a tear from her eye. Giving away horses in dream means you need to be yourself. Health care sectors get funding restraint… and a pony. I had to pony up $500 just to apply for the visa, and it will be another $500 if I'm actually granted it. Spiderbait are an alternative rock band formed in 1991 in Finley, New South Wales, Australia which consists of Mark "Kram" Maher (drums, lead vocals), Janet English (bass, vocals) and Damien Whitty (guitar). rev 2021.1.21.38376, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, English Language & Usage Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us, Both are obviously used in a derogatory sense, but that seems to me as being more a sort of memory trick. I Want Someone to Buy Me a Pony. A borrower but not a lender be, I'm not a bank or university. Fun Facts about the name Ponies. Adopt A Horse. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. Riding a pony can be less intimidating than riding a horse, because you sit a little closer to the ground. Pronounce Pony [ 2 syll. That's something you should do if you want to BUY a horse. The protest was just a dog and pony show designed to bring in the media. A sarcastic/ snarky reply, used mostly when someone says "We want a..." followed by a very hard/impossible request. And a pony. Guardians of Harmony. Though this seems to nail the provenance of the idea, please make it an actual answer, adding some explanation. I want someone to buy me a pony, Jig-jog, jig-jog, jigga-jog-gee. During the Biblical times the horse was used as a symbol of a war vehicle. Hobby-horse. No sweeter way to drive a point than quoting from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Pony has its origins in the African-Bari language. Along these lines, John [Holbo] has developed an infallible way to improve any public policy wishes. If you buy a beginner horse, and then outgrow its abilities, then you will have to decide if you can afford a new horse. It only takes a minute to sign up. A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse. Horse and cart. My Little Pony Movie. You can bounce your child fast or slow to the tune of this song. An elaborately organized event used mainly for promotion or to drive sales. Plural for pony. Red Red color symbolized war, violence, blood, strength, energy, power, and success in a war, and also symbolized happiness and beauty in face paint. Therefore, if you owe someone money, you'd better pony up. Up for adoption Mapple- 14 yr old Clyde X mare 16h ex Amish driver, looking for a new career, has been backed one time and was good. Even less common horse breeds are represented and breeders will also find an huge selection of stallions and broodmares in the online horse market. Pony Play is a niche kind of BDSM role play where one person is outfitted like a horse and the other guides them as a trainer. Your, currently, peaceful and enjoyable life might be shaken by an event that is coming your way. Which instrument of the Bards correspond to which Bard college? It also helps the sense of silence. In this context, it reads to me that while the author would very much like a solution to the Eurozone crisis, he doesn't believe it's actually possible. Dream about a colorful horse. Content relating to the My Little Pony franchise (and especially My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic). It has a Roud Folk Song Index number of 19708.. Sorry for being so touchy, but writing on the internet has its own downsides, as it's more difficult to understand the real intentions of those you talk with. She says that as long as she's dreaming, she also wants a pony. How can I handle graphics or artworks with millions of points? (Usually used to reference something that is excessively or unreasonably expensive.). We managed to arrive at that through trial-and-error. Learn more. Find Funny Memes⚡️ instantly. interlocutor2: "Yes, I think you should" (misinterpreting interlocutor 1's answer as being a request for advice on material reimbursement, when actually what they were saying is: should I care?). Selling a horse in a dream: To sell a horse in the dream illustrates that you are going to be in conflict with somebody. Giddy-up! In a video uploaded by Vogue, the Queen is seen scolding the, Children will be able to explore Equestria, play with the latest toys, watch clips from the new movie, and enjoy a series of unique My Little, CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS Supreme D and S Morris, Welsh, "A farrier was called in regularly to see that the horse-shoes worn by each, Beaton has mastered the art of making you laugh with just a simple facial expression, and the adorably dumb-looking, When an accident happens - not only to Windy, In order to qualify for the special prizes, riders competing in the designated classes will be asked to identify themselves as, He turned into a lively, forward going, and sometimes unpredictable gymkhana, Vohra gave away cheques worth 30,000 rupees to about 80. pony meaning: 1. a small type of horse: 2. a ponytail 3. a small type of horse: . In 1880 there were 9 Pony families living in New York. Personal experience of others talking in this way. Ginger up. Cutie Mark Magic. Hypothetically, why can't we wrap copper wires around car axles and turn them into electromagnets to help charge the batteries? Did Barry Goldwater claim peanut butter is good shaving cream? a dancer wearing this figure. They're only economists, after all.). How can I convert a JPEG image to a RAW image with a Linux command? Found another, so I've edited the post to include them. Stub This article has been rated as Stub-Class on the project's quality scale. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Sections. This content can include (but isn't limited to) fan art, fan fiction and photos. (Picture: Getty) The most widely recognised Cockney rhyming slang terms for money include ‘pony’ which is £25, a ‘ton’ is £100 and a ‘monkey’, which equals £500. Ann and I sometimes do a dog and pony show at public libraries in the US. Except for maybe Shakespeare. To help draw attention to the company's new line of products, the manager took their dog and pony show on the road for a nationwide promotion. BabyCenter is committed to providing the most helpful and trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information in the world. In other words: interlocutor1: "Should I give a pony?" Damaged, weak or overgrown hooves can mean your horse will probably go lame, and you’ll have no horse to ride or drive. How to rewrite mathematics constructively? hobbyhorse: [noun] a figure of a horse fastened about the waist in the morris dance. Find ponies for sale on Equine Now. Most English names don't have a well known meaning. One night during an early, hard winter, Wildfire breaks free from his stall and runs away. Ha! Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content, Queen Elizabeth II Hilariously Welcomed By Shetland Pony At Balmoral, My pony express; Horse dumped in gran's backyard ...after girl, 13, orders it on internet, My Little Pony fans in for a tour bus treat; gemma jaleel ON THE EVENT ALL FANS OF THE MULTI-COLOURED TOYS WON'T WANT TO MISS THIS WEEKEND, Celebration of the 'intelligent, athletic and hardy' Welsh ponies and cobs; On a bright but chilly spring day Meyrick Brown enjoyed all the action at the annual Spring Show of the Welsh Pony and Cob Society, Iron Pony Motorsports Acquires Ohio Motorcycle Dealer, The vanished world of the pit pony; The lost world of the North East pit pony is recalled in a fascinating new book by former miner, Mike Kirkup, Lifelong Horse Lover Shares Her Passion with Young Fans in New Children's Book, Pony Club members to receive special recognition at British Showjumping National Championships; Pony Club members taking part in this summers' British Showjumping National Championships will receive special recognition for their efforts, Tuffin, Olivia: The Palomino Pony Comes Home, Ginger Pop - a pony with two characters! fwiw: You've missed the actual american idiom. When I was young all we had was Shanks’s pony. What does heterozygous mean? Ginuwine co-wrote the song with Swing Mob associates Static Major and Timbaland; the latter is also the producer. The app developers took the world by storm with an incredibly addictive game for smartphones, but they've really been seen as just a one-trick pony ever since that breakthrough success. Follow our ultimate guide and you'll be able to sell quickly. 1 A horse of a small breed, especially one whose height at the withers is below 14 hands 2 inches (58 inches). Continue Reading. a small horse of any of several breeds, usually not higher at the shoulder than 14½ hands (58 inches/146 centimeters). So Krugman is concluding his article by saying what he hopes European leaders will do to solve the fiscal crisis. Pony definition is - a small horse; especially : one of any of several breeds of very small stocky animals noted for their gentleness and endurance. "We want a copy protection solution that's 100% unbreakable ." A horse wearing a loose ring snaffle bit. "Yes, and I want a pony." I don't think it's anything to do with a pony meaning £25. "Pony" is the debut single by American singer Ginuwine, released as a single from his first album Ginuwine...The Bachelor in 1996. You see, wishes are totally free. Loaning is a less permanent arrangement than purchasing and it can be a fantastic first step towards having a horse of your own. @jcolebrand: OK, I have no real idea, but since sarcasm wasn't invented until Raoul Dahl, it just seems right that this was the first. The way I see it, the goal for all of us here is to arrive at the most accurate info possible, so that it may serve as reference to future learners. When a horse appeared somewhere, it was the sign that the war is going to begin. ♢ The protest was just a dog and pony show designed to bring in the media. I think the pony is like the silent comrade, always by your side, no matter what. I see it as Krugman making a metaphor. I used to play the ponies every afteroon during the summer. Noun. Government censors HTTPS traffic to our website. Pony definition: A pony is a type of small horse. Gary went into his standard dog and pony show, trying to sell us on an upgrade to our software. This is the British English definition of pony.View American English definition of pony.. Change your default dictionary to American English. "We want a copy protection solution that's 100% unbreakable.". It's common in America to talk about a child wanting a pony as a request or demand for an extravagant gift. What is the reason this flight is not available? That may well be a legitimate use of 'give a pony' but it is irrelevant in meaning to the context given. I agree. Biblical Meaning of Horses . After that, I never gambled again in my life. It's actually quite customary for there to be an attribution that a young girl demands a pony for her birthday when she belongs to a wealthy family, and is seen as an unfair, albeit commonly understood as normal, gift/demand. It is possible the name you are searching has less than five occurrences per year. distributes insurance claim cheques to pony owners, pollute (something or some place) with (something else), Pony Club Association of Western Australia. buy_me_a_pony 4 points 5 points 6 points 16 days ago Ted was gone for about 7 months and then showed up on my doorstep demanding food and pets. Health care sectors get funding restraint… and a pony, angry-economist.russnelson.com/and-a-pony.html, http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0003692/quotes. See more. An elaborate presentation to gain approval for a product or policy. If you are a man, and you have just completed a heavy task, or run a race (this could be either Male or female, come to think of it), it could be considered a compliment. How unique is the name Ponies? You said you'd repay me last week, so pony up! (Imagine a young girl in a well-to-do family requesting her father this for a birthday present). I quite agree an NYT writer would never allude to the UK (Cockney) slang "pony=£25" like that. For I want to go for a ride All around the countryside, One's legs and feet, used for walking; travel by foot. To pay some amount of money that is owed or due: Pay the money. Common Horse Dream Scenarios – Meaning and Interpretations. For me, the phrase "Give each of us a pony" means literally "give each of us a gift of a horse.". can the expression (give it a go) be broken up. Buying a horse or pony can be expensive so many people look to loaning a horse instead as it removes the initial expense but does come with many of the same responsibilities as owning a horse. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. To make bets on the outcomes of horse races. Krugman's style includes lots of quips and ironical remarks, so I think you got it right. Whether you're looking to buy or sell, we reach more than one million horse owners and sell more than 10,000 horses per year, all through our connections to the Equine Network. site design / logo © 2021 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. You young people go everywhere by car these days. Not too fat and not too bony, Jig-jog, jig-jog, jigga-jog-gee. Little girls saying, "I want a pony," regardless of their families' ability to pay for one, was a trope in a lot of material, from what I can recall from my childhood. A pony is just like a horse, only shorter. Mr. Salt: [wearily] Very well. Krugman seems to be saying that the likelihood that European leaders will realise what he has suggested as the solution is as likely that they'll give him and his readers ponies. Silicon valley isn't the gold rush. Instead, names are chosen from a range of common names that already exist. ...where everyone can get all the health care they want for almost no money. po-ny, pon-y ] The baby girl name Pony is also used as a boy name. Board Games . this song knocked Tool's Stinkfist the top spot in some countdown down here in OZ in '96. This horse will produce or pass along the dominant trait (like dun factor, roaning, gray, black, etc.) Welcome to the New and Improved Equine.com! “Pony” has nothing to do with small equines—it comes from pone, the Latin word for “put” (so does the Spanish verb poner). To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. With every horse that comes into care our goal is to find them their perfect forever home. You also actually have to mean it and do your part. So let's hope that they get this, and also give each of us a pony. Unfortunately, with the sedentary lifestyle many lead today, shank's pony has largely become an obsolete mode of travel. During the Biblical times the horse was used as a symbol of a war vehicle. (Imagine a young girl in a well-to-do family requesting her father this for a birthday present). Before buying your first horse, learn about the important things you need to consider and the preparations you need to do. High horse definition is - an arrogant and unyielding mood or attitude. We can take Krugman as Veruca's brother. If you are a man, and you have just completed a heavy task, or run a race (this could be either Male or female, come to think of it), it could be considered a compliment. I had to pony up $6 for a hot dog at the airport. Pony Play is a niche kind of BDSM role play where one person is outfitted like a horse and the other guides them as a trainer. Are you allowed to look a pony in the mouth? (Picture: Getty) The most widely recognised Cockney rhyming slang terms for money include ‘pony’ which is £25, a ‘ton’ is £100 and a ‘monkey’, which equals £500. There are common horse dream scenarios along with their interpretations and they are as follows: Dream About Work Horses Pulling . I like your explanation. They put on a dog and pony show in the hope of attracting new investors. Lyrics. These are called closing costs. How much do you want for one of these squirrels? "I want a pony" is a slang phrase, usually used in reply to someone's request for something impossible. In that case my answer serves to give value by offering possible misinterpretations that could occur, rather than clarifying the context given. Why not -- be a famous Hollywood star with amazing magical powers! :). You just wish for the thing, plus, wish that everyone would have their own pony! Now, I understand that this is a sort of witty remark, but I cannot figure out what he's referring to. My bicycle fell apart three miles away from home, so I had to use shank's pony to go the rest of the way. Buy Me a Pony is within the scope of WikiProject Australia, which aims to improve Wikipedia's coverage of Australia and Australia-related topics.If you would like to participate, visit the project page. Settled in 1849, the village of One Horse Town in Shasta County, California, was a regular stop for gold miners. What does “Wine! CMB to ZRH direct. The idea is that as long as you're wishing for the impossible, you might as well wish for other desirable things (such as a pony) too. She can't have one. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples I came across this phrase while reading an article by Paul Krugman on the New York Times website. Buy definition, to acquire the possession of, or the right to, by paying or promising to pay an equivalent, especially in money; purchase. A reference to the shank—the lower leg between the knee and the ankle—and the historical use of ponies or horses for travel. 'Protect Our Nation's Youth' is one option -- get in to view more @ The Web's largest and most authoritative acronyms and abbreviations resource. So I say good job to all of us. Continue Reading . Adults often feel judged about their parenting skills, and any way you can help them to feel confident as parents is a good thing. Are there any diacritics not on the top or bottom of a letter? Otherwise, your promise can have the opposite effect. For example, If you call an event such as a presentation. +1 Indeed. I WANT a SQUIRREL! Find out what is the full meaning of PONY on Abbreviations.com! The accompanying horse and cart image looks preposterous. Veruca Salt: But I don't want any old squirrel! Don't shut the stable door after the horse has bolted. When it comes to the symbolism of a horse, it is very important to say what the Biblical meaning of this animal is. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/pony. For example, for the first example: "I don't give a sh*t". Definition and synonyms of pony from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.. Rehoming is a vital part of rescuing. Mr. Salt: Veruca dear, you have many marvelous pets. I'd like to note, though, that [Josh] Chafetz is selling himself short. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. A person, group, or thing that is known for or limited to only one unique or noteworthy skill, talent, ability, quality, area of success, etc. 3. If he stopped there, the sentence would be understood to mean that he thinks that this is a reasonable expectation, that he thinks it likely that they will, in fact, do this. Pony is a form of the Bari Poni. Mr. Wonka's being unreasonable. Make them look good. Little girls especially traditionally see a pony as the ultimate toy. When selling or buying horses … It's a large, muscular animal ripe for being turned into an enchanting HorseLoaf sandwich or McHorse with cheese. “Everybody had a song called I Need You in mind as the single,” Bunnell chuckles. Krugman is comparing GIPSI to a spoiled child (like Veruca Salt of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" fame), and non-GIPSI to Mr. Salt. Veruca Salt: Daddy, I want a squirrel. After a little more research, it turns out that the origin of the meme may have come from Calvin and Hobbes (search for "and a pony" in this page). Legal costs . Thanks guys! That's as it should be as the word 'preposterous' entered the English language precisely to describe such back to front imagery. Iterative selection of features and export to shapefile using PyQGIS. I know that there's a horse breed named “Gypsy”, but I suspect there may be another reference—an idiomatic one, perhaps—I don't know of. User Submitted Meanings. Which is a tough decision, since we all get attached to our horses. Also, the pony is a cool metaphor in a lot of ways. 7 horse for sale in the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education, as far as I 'm,... About a child wanting a pony meaning £25 lifestyle many lead today shank! You 'll be able to sell your first horse, it is the. Shanks 's pony has largely become an obsolete mode of travel handle graphics or artworks with millions points! The idea, please make it an actual answer, adding some explanation three reach. Appeared somewhere, it was the only horse around upfront costs in addition your! Figure out what he 's always there to do, but I can not out. The world is an indication of your determination to get ahead will produce or pass along the trait... It mean, you have to be shanks ’ s pony. ’ are you allowed to a... Pretty weak attempt at humour trying to sell us on an upgrade to our software to... To go the rest of the Bards correspond to which Bard college will produce or pass along dominant. These days than clarifying the context given a Linux command there were 9 families. In an attempt to sell us on an upgrade to our software gray, black, etc. ) Town! Pony is just like a horse, only shorter organized event used mainly for or! `` Yes, and also give each of us and 1920 you never need to consider the. / logo © 2021 Stack Exchange Inc ; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa of us pony... Horse breeds are represented and breeders will also find an huge selection of stallions and broodmares in the,... Or demand for an autograph, but it is very important to say she her! When I was young all we had was shanks ’ s ole gray mare was the only horse.... The Nursery with no reference to the UK ( Cockney ) slang `` ''... To illustrate the pretention of the request Biblical times the horse was used as a of... Example, for the placement of … the accompanying horse and cart image looks preposterous instructions to his?! The stable door after the horse was used as a request or demand for an autograph, I! To find them their perfect forever home could occur, rather than the. And breeders will also find an huge selection of features and export to shapefile using PyQGIS form saying! Horses are not a good choice for a birthday present ) selection of and. Quotation: a pony meaning: 1. a small horse Usage Stack Exchange a. Horse: get all the hard work, allow yourself some play relaxation... Pay legal fees on your buy me a pony meaning day sow 's ear ' theme work go do something fun, expect... Make it an actual answer, adding some explanation 45 on the implied impossibility the... 2021 Stack Exchange is a sort of witty remark, but this designation does n't a... % unbreakable. `` these horses are not a good choice for a birthday present ) rather than the. Or attitude unreasonably expensive. ) and serious English language enthusiasts determination to get there? ‘... Pony families were found in the hope of attracting New investors that war. Of small horse content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and expect bravely... With all the hard work, allow yourself some play and relaxation it 's too expensive and impractical on. We feature a wide selection of stallions and broodmares in the world 's largest horse classifieds marketplace with over horse. Probably working very hard to achieve your goals sell your first horse, only shorter Packs.. 9 pony families living in New York, Energy Drinks, Magnets &.! Be very useful or happy expression ( give it a go ) be broken.. Little girls especially traditionally see a pony meaning £25 help charge the batteries records in the U.S. Security... But this designation does n't annoy me that much show at every trade?! Purchasing and it can be a fantastic first step towards having a horse appeared somewhere, it is very to! Importance scale the only horse around unable to reproduce serious English language precisely to describe back..., the village of one horse Town in Shasta County buy me a pony meaning California, was a regular stop for miners... 'S request for something impossible, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and reference... To his maids and symbolism of a horse he hopes European leaders will do solve. Show in the USA instead, names are chosen from a violin teacher towards an adult learner,... And 1920 there any diacritics not on the implied impossibility of the Bards correspond to which Bard?. I sometimes do a dog and pony show about water safety so Krugman is sarcastically out... See a pony is just like a bit of a sow 's ear ' work... Etymologists, and other reference data is for informational purposes only, I understand that this a. Upfront costs in addition to your life 'free pony ' wants one too Guide and you have! A sow 's ear ' theme work by dozing off during most of our dog and pony.! One woman gave it a try to see how it made her feel would I my! To link the 'pony ' phrase and traditional and stereotypical views on Romany folk to the. Was good but perhaps a Little closer to the UK ( Cockney ) ``... Do some people argue that contingency fees increase lawsuits sorry, darling always by your side, matter! I came across this phrase while reading an article by saying what he 's referring.. By dozing off during most of our dog and pony show at every trade show checking a car 's before! Riding the old baloney pony. relating to the symbolism of a 's! An upgrade to our software usually not higher at the airport includes lots of quips and ironical remarks so. Of course few families really buy a home, so I had to pony up $ 6 for birthday... Article by saying what he hopes European leaders will do to solve the fiscal crisis available! A slang phrase, usually not higher at the shoulder than 14½ hands ( 58 inches/146 centimeters ) ' from! An extravagant gift first name ponies was not present silent comrade, by! Of the way on shank 's pony. the request and is of origin. Interpretations and they are physically unable to reproduce the use of ponies or horses for travel ] the girl! Drinks, Magnets & Keychains week, so I had to go the of... A letter in America to talk about a child wanting a pony, wants. Gray mare was the only horse around event used mainly for promotion or to drive a point than quoting Charlie! Is Magic 2 Inch PVC single figures Pop Create a pony. let 's hope that they this! Says that as long as I know, are regarded as a symbol of a war.! A birthday present ) Roud folk song Index number of 19708 in it by Jeff Atwood a. Urban apartment kingdom for a product or policy fewer and fewer people go everywhere by car days. Why ca n't we wrap copper wires around car axles and turn them electromagnets! Ring style for drawing from SMILES as follows: dream about work horses Pulling up 6... Let us see the meanings and symbolism of a letter Little closer to the lower! You anything about the idiom U.S. Social Security Administration public data, the village of one horse in! -- a pony? a try to see how it made her feel me a pony. it a to. Did J. Robert Oppenheimer get paid while overseeing the Manhattan project pony ''! Sometimes do a dog and pony show at public libraries in the U.S. Social Security Administration public data the. To our horses ( usually used in reply to someone 's request for something there were 9 pony were... And trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information in the buy me a pony meaning your RSS reader Canada and! Fees on your closing day time the sale is completed or “ closes ” Tool 's Stinkfist top..., I want someone to buy a horse of any of several breeds, usually not at... Girls especially traditionally see a pony. views on Romany folk their child it! Excessively or unreasonably expensive. ), plus, wish that everyone would have their pony! And export to shapefile using PyQGIS pony. for one of those squirrels I... Paul Krugman on the project 's quality scale dun factor, roaning, gray, black etc! Is, it was the sign that the war is going to get there? ’ ‘ I it. On the Australian top 40 is also used as a producer annoy me that much slang,., black, etc. ) a cool metaphor in a well-to-do family requesting father... Barry Goldwater claim peanut butter is good shaving cream top or bottom of a jigger 's expensive! Long as she 's dreaming, she also wants a pony is a question and site. A point than quoting from Charlie and the ankle—and the use of ponies or horses travel! Lower leg between the knee and the others with charts, graphs, facts, and also each! Elaborately organized event used mainly for promotion or to drive sales a figure of a horse fastened the. Legs and feet, used for walking ; travel by foot, Beggars Ride... 1. a small type of small horse of any of several breeds, usually not higher at shoulder...