second - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums. 23. Any Second synonyms - Other Words and Phrases for Any Second. By the end of the second day, she had adapted to the guests and felt completely at ease - a state that Claudette apparently wanted to shatter. I second that, this feature would be incredibly useful. Define second thought. It’s the same in Spanish, but I’m not aware of other languages with the same pairing of meanings. Note that these are not estimates of the size of individual students’ vocabular - second. If you ask whether you're second in line, the hostess might reply, "Give me a second and I'll tell you." secrecy. think again, think twice, review one's position, come round, change one's mind. Another way to say Second? View the pronunciation for second. Synonyms for second. Since the word second is a verb, we can have various forms of it based on the tense. Find more similar words at wordhippo.com! “Second” means both “the rank after first” and the 60th part of a minute. beat, eyeblink, flash, heartbeat, instant, jiff, secret agent. Who is a seconder? second [the ~] noun. every moment. SYNONYMS. adv. It is from the word ‘second’ that we get the term ‘seconder’. the moment; the second. be smooth, fuel and how they plan to send lighter vehicles to test the lading gear. In other case 'agree' 'support' should be used. Synonyms: second, second base. Such as: "I make the motion to take a 15 minute recess", then another person says "I second that motion", then the motion is voted on by the membership. second-rate. The second question, I am using a single word, this word is apart of the title, it is the word of “ mania ”. 20. So, for button copy, the first person (me or my) is more powerful than the second person (you or your). All Free. Synonyms for secondly include also, furthermore, moreover, next, second, secondarily, besides, further, including and in the second place. secondly. In English, we use the word “second” to refer to two things that don’t seem to be related. “Second” as … Change your default dictionary to American English. I have mine turned on but, you can always turn them off. 27. ‘A second doctor must be consulted, and life must be ended in a medically appropriate way.’ ‘Before we left, a second waitress appeared and things speeded up markedly.’ ‘In forensic science laboratories, a second scientist validates each case.’ ‘A second type of contractual-debt subordination is a contingency debt arrangement.’ Prayer word Prayer's end Preacher's word Response from congregation almost put right Revival cry Revival meeting cry Revival word Sermon closer Service approval Service closer Service sign-off So be it So be it! We agreed to stop, eat and bed down for our second night in captivity. Synonyms: second base. 25. Learn synonyms, antonyms, and opposites of Second in English with Spanish translations of every word. Example : in case of submission of nomination paper there should be a proposer and a seconder. second-in-command. secluded, seclusion, seclusive, secobarbital, Seconal, second, Second Advent, Second Adventist, Second Amendment, secondary, secondary abdominal pregnancy Definition for second (2 of 3) second 2 All ENGLISH synonyms that begin with 'S'. second [the ~] noun. Learn more. second thought synonyms, second thought pronunciation, second thought translation, English dictionary definition of second thought. n. A … Example – second, seconded, and seconding. second adj. Nearby words ofsecondly. Definition: the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near the second of the bases in the infield. Right now at the moment I am using Word but, it did miss some of the errors because the "Autocorrect Misspelled Words" or "Highlight Misspelled Words" is not turned on. Definition and synonyms of second from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. moment [the ~] noun. any minute. Definition: (in team sports) the role assigned to an individual player. 12. In blog posts, the word you can help strike a conversational tone so you don’t sound like a lecturer nor like a pushy salesman. Synonyms: irregular. in a second. Antonyms for second person. second meaning: 1. immediately after the first and before any others: 2. the position in which a person finishes a…. I'll be ready in a second. There were alternative methods of transport … But this may be ensured that usage of the word 'srcond' is related to the 'support of a proposal'. Detailed Synonyms for second in English. at any moment. 1 word related to second person: person. second: second adj. :" I second that Stifle, and I've moved the rest for the sake of consistency. second. in a few seconds. ""'I Second That Emotion "'" is a 1967 song written by Smokey Robinson and Al Cleveland. adv. 4 590 synonyms for Second (other words and phrases for Second). Merchandise that has imperfections; usually sold at a reduced price without the brand name . the second – the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near the second … 28. seconds definition: 1. an extra serving of food given after the first serving has been eaten: 2. second noun. A seconder is a person who seconds or supports a motion or a proposal at a formal meeting. So, when do you use you, and when do you skip it? The gear that has the second lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle ("he had to shift down into second to make the hill") Use the second person (“you”) to engage from the start. 'Second' doesn't at all means 'agree' it means 'support to a proposal' Synonyms for second Synonyms for (noun) second. henchman or woman or person, right-hand man or woman or person, adjutant, second, helpmate, coadjutor (rare) in the sense of alternative. A second may be one-sixtieth of a minute or the item after first. Find 8 synonyms for "I believe that" and other similar words that you can use instead based on 2 separate contexts from our thesaurus. When a motion is made to take some sort of action at a meeting, in order for the motion to pass (make it official), it has to be seconded by a member. any moment. a very small space of time. This is the British English definition of second.View American English definition of second. rethink, reconsider, review, revise, re-examine, re-evaluate, reassess, reappraise, think better of, think over, take another look at, look at in a different light, have another think about. Synonyms and Antonyms of Second. It came from Parliamentary Procedure. ( Oh, and I second that thing about breaking my country up. anytime. second; small; subject; subsidiary; supporting; tributary; bush-league; consequential; inconsiderable; lesser; minor-league; second-rate; small-fry; small-time; subservient; substract; under What are synonyms for second person? So let it be Some parliamentary conclusion by minister? Zero, methinks ! secret. Similar words: position. Learn more. I second that advice, but do take a tour. secondary. change, alter, modify. Synonyms for second person in Free Thesaurus. Then he said, Listen now to my second word of wisdom. the second. Learning Words in a Second Language 13 tor’s Word Frequency Guide, since the number of entries in the Guide is considerably larger than the number in the Word Frequency Book, it is reasonable to assume that an estimate of word families based on the Guide would be well over 180,000.