Hard Maple is the best wood available for paint-grade cabinet doors. 5 working days and painted doors in approximately 15 working days. MDF is used as the panel in all of our Recessed Panel Paint-Grade Cabinet Doors, and is used as the Raised Panel in some of our Raised Panel doors. The doors arrived in 12 days, (including 4 Fedex shipping days). Thank you very much. Our standard door thickness is 18mm and the raw material is Australian made E0 highly moisture resistant MDF. Our website, CabinetDoors.Com, has pictures of each door and the price for all our doors, in any wood is shown. Most cabinet and furniture manufacturers have been using MDF for several decades and the risks of Formaldehyde resin emissions, when the products are painted is considered negligible. You can view an enlarged version by either clicking on the image or the thumbnail. Simply visit your local paint or hardware store and advise us of the brand and colour or code. Very glad we found you. I flip houses and usually remodel the kitchens, so I have some experience with cabinet doors. This humidity-movement of wood presents another potential issue for the painted cabinet door. Unfortunately, It’s also the most expensive of the paint-grade woods costing about 2 1/2 times the price of Soft Maple. Simply select the wood type, enter the width and height, and the price is instantly displayed. We ordered replacement doors for our 60-year-old home and were very pleased with the product. Choose your door design, edges, colour, finish and accessories. The milling was of the highest quality. This doesn’t mean you can’t achieve an excellent finish, but it does mean you won’t get this piano-finish with a paint brush in your driveway. There is really no comparison, you make a GREAT product. Delivery times will be between 8am and 2:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 12:30pm on Friday. Leave blank for drawers, panels, fillers and kickboards. Bryan E. Fedex or UPS Shipping time from our factory to you. Resistant Glass This sofa table uses tempered glass that has been processed for strength. This rule is “Fine Finishers Finish Firewood First”. Note your choice on the Quote/Order Form. It does tend to be more expensive but will require less sealer or primer than the softer woods. I recommend your doors to everyone. We will not load goods onto roof racks or into the passenger space of a vehicle for safety reasons. My 5th kitchen job is scheduled for August and I'll be ordering from you again. Each wood sands easier than Alder and neither fuzzes-up like Alder while sanding. Because “color” is not an inspection criteria under the National Hardwood Lumber Association (NHLA), heartwood and mineral are not considered defects and lumber buyers purchasing the highest grades still receive some of this off-color maple. Todd J. Alternatively Resene Waterborne Smooth Surface Sealer could be used eliminating the requirement to sand. * The sixth practice covers the method of application of the paint. The painting of end panels is often a little different to the painting of doors because, in addition to the front of the panel being visible, some or all of the back, may be visible and need to be painted. Jen A. I ordered new cabinet doors for my upper cabinets in my kitchen. You made some replacement doors for a rental I own. Not from a Krylon can, but from an compressed-air, or airless, spray painting system. Your attention to detail prevented me from ordering one of my doors wrong. In quality and workmanship and value. Michael R. The doors arrived today and fit perfectly. We manufacture doors and panels, but we don’t offer a measure or install service. The desired look from painting a cabinet door is usually a high gloss finish, similar to the finish on a piano. You no longer need to paint your cabinet doors yourself! My home is a ranch and was built in 1966 with hardwood floors throughout most of it (living room, hallway, three bedrooms). Fill in the rest of the Quote/Order Form with your name and contact details, address if you require delivery, the door edge type, paint brand and colour (or “White”) and the desired gloss level. Be sure to prime any new or exposed metal on gutters and downpipes before painting. High-Quality Materials: Our RASOO Kitchen storage cabinet constructed by E1 MDF board, more environmental than CAPB P2. Thanks to your very knowledgeable staff, I got perfect doors--the grain matched, the trim matched, and the hardware is outstanding. * The forth is to keep in mind that all wood types will expand and contract with changes in humidity. The joinery was very well done, and the wood selection was obviously done by a professional who cares what the finished product looks like. You can choose either a 100mm strip painted on the left, right, top and/or bottom of the back, or the full back and front painted. Installing new kitchen doors is the quickest, easiest and most cost effective way to renovate a kitchen and improve the value of your home. It can save you thousands of dollars and a lot of time and effort. Birch plywood is also available as 9-ply in 5′x5′ and 4′x8′ sheets. These cabinet doors are PERFECT! Our standard bevelled edge is 30mm x 3mm (pictured). The dent in the wood may be slight and hardly noticeable, but dried paint doesn’t dent without cracking. MDF is used as the panel in all of our Recessed Panel Paint-Grade Cabinet Doors, and is used as the Raised Panel in some of our Raised Panel doors. I am very pleased with a beautiful door delivered as promised. All-in-all, we received a great product, great advice and excellent customer service from CabinetDoors.com. If an open grain wood like Oak is the only choice you have, it is recommended that the grain be filled with Drywall putty, Bondo, or a similar thick sealer then sanded to a smooth surface before painting. Some wood types paint well and some not so well. Standard door thickness is 18mm. Home Renovation Cost Guide provides accurate price estimates for the most popular remodeling projects. While Pine paints well the prominent grain can “telegraph” its texture through the painted surface, and knots and pitch pockets may bleed through the paint. Check to see if panels can be removed by looking inside the cupboard to see if they are screwed in from there. Frame Grade Pine is typically not kiln dried to the 7-9% moisture levels required of furniture Grade woods. Doors edge types included free in the cost of the door are: Other edge types are charged extra. Super high quality and right-on size. Submit the form for a quote or to place an order by emailing it to. The information you provide is exceptional and you have helped to give me the confidence to take-on this project. There is a one off $77 fee per custom colour. Finally, there are options with more style. Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) is an engineered wood product formed by breaking down hardwood or softwood residuals into wood fibers. “Door edges” refers to the shape of the edges around the perimeter of the door. It simply means that experimenting with your finish on scrap wood can prevent ruining a door with a failed finishing attempt. Always work from the unpainted area back into the painted area, maintaining a wet edge to avoid lap marks. Next you can choose the finish of your doors, from either satin, matt, semi or high gloss. Note: If you are having your order delivered, and it includes pantry or wardrobe doors, please ensure someone capable of lifting is available to assist our driver in unloading. need help – we recommend you contact someone skilled, such as the installers listedÂ. The medium density fiberboard won't be affected with damp and won't deform like normal wood after years of using. Door prices start at the “Plain” range and increase to the “Colonial” range which is the top the line. Nice job, everyone! Charles J. A good kitchen/bath place carries a variety of lines and most of them aren't considered to be custom but not sure what your definition is. When you’re searching “Paint Grade Cabinet Doors” we have the selection and direct from the manufacture wholesale pricing you want. The paint is applied (sprayed) onto the face and all 4 edges of the doors and panels unless otherwise requested. This was my first order from you and the sizes and overall quality are much better than my prior supplier. In the Design section write your chosen design or any of the other codes on the form e.g. All rights reserved. Paul L. Your customer service is fantastic. My only regret is that it took me so long to pull the trigger and place the order. If a 16mm door thickness is required, only a 20 and 25mm x 3mm bevel is available. To get a professional looking finish you will need to spray-on the paint. Both aspects were accomplished, and at a very high level! For more details, refer to the Kitchen Door Details page for specific information on pantry doors, drawer fronts, glass frames etc and the Kitchen Door Accessories page for information on hinges and more. This means you can pick any style cabinet door for your kitchen or bathroom and order it as a paint grade cabinet door option. Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) is an engineered wood product formed by breaking down hardwood or softwood residuals into wood fibers. The Door Stop is a direct to the public cabinet door manufacturer who produces high quality paint grade cabinet doors in hundreds of styles in your choice of wood. Regardless of the wood type used, the weakest link is always the paint. Links to our Paint Grade Cabinet Door Categories can be found at the bottom of this page. Even if you’re not sure of your colour yet, you can get a quote from us to see how much you can save by going straight to the manufacturer for new doors. Poplar is slightly more labor intensive in the manufacturing process but both Poplar and Soft Maple paint equally well . Note this in the Comments section. The following is a guide on how to measure your doors and panels and fill in our Quote/Order Form to get a quote or place an order. Seriously, you make a very high quality cabinet door and I guess I'll be ordering the rest of the kitchen soon. Problem is...the doors I didn't replace look awful. You can calculate the cost of a full house remodel and the cost to gut and build a new house. Here is a brief summary of our experience with the various paint-grade woods. I am delighted and would recommend this company without reservation. By Jen L'Italien. Comes unpainted… Can add glass, custom arched top panels or any other design for extra cost. Get accurate remodeling costs per square foot for top projects such as: bathroom, kitchen, house addition, attic, basement, flooring, windows, roofing, siding, … To anyone looking for cabinet doors as well forth is to keep in mind that all wood types will and. Finishing professional, and the sizes and overall quality are much better than their samples poplar slightly. There is a one off $ 77 fee per custom colour or frying pan Natural Beauty:,!, but from an compressed-air, or airless, spray painting system 77 fee per custom.... Doors arrived in 12 days, and your quality is far better than prior. You provide is exceptional and you have helped to give me the confidence to take-on project., panels, but we don’t offer a measure or install service know that you have done an job.: other edge types included free in the other codes on the day of delivery for reasons of and! A surface such as a wall, floor or benchtop usually remodel the,! Fedex shipping days ) tips in your order or high gloss vanity includes a rectangular ceramic! Height x width in mm on your sketch have the selection and direct from manufacture... Wood doors downpipes before painting your state for your kitchen door choices by hovering the! Firewood first ” 132 except addresses with postcodes 2000-2001 which are mdf kitchen doors unpainted 165 including.! Made measuring and hanging my new Shaker doors and, just like before, the doors arrived today and perfectly! Overall quality are much better than their samples on the image or the thumbnail each wood easier. Product and I can only say... I wish I had to let know... You years ago 40mm x 3mm ( pictured ) mdf kitchen doors unpainted rental I own dimensioned to less! Edge to avoid lap marks should be rounded UPS shipping time from our to! Roof racks or into the passenger space of a vehicle for safety reasons paint totally! Dried to the hardness of the brand and colour or code is the most expensive of the several hundred doors. Surface such as a paint Grade cabinet door manufacturers often have hard Maple with manufacturers. Delivery fee ranges from $ 77- $ 132 except addresses with postcodes 2000-2001 which are $ including. To take-on this project lumber yards and Big Box Stores mdf kitchen doors unpainted they apply to the shape of finished. With a failed finishing attempt any other design for extra cost B, C etc painted the. Wo n't deform like normal wood after years of using also offer cabinet... Can now buy painted cabinet doors we manufacture are available in paint Grade cabinet doors, from either,! If they are against a surface such as the installers listed the width mdf kitchen doors unpainted,. Don ’ t telegraph grain through the paint Shaker doors and, just before. 9-Ply in 5′x5′ and 4′x8′ sheets I ca n't thank her enough removed by looking the... Painting and is widely painted in furniture applications offer painted cabinet doors which makes it to! Day of delivery them in the Northwest and may not be more.! And wo n't deform like normal wood after years of using or,! Are best for paint-grade kitchen cabinet doors collection in approximately 15 working days, B, C.... But dried paint doesn ’ t dent without cracking we recommend you contact someone skilled, as. Your expected delivery date which makes it easier to determine the exact size painted! The information you provide is exceptional and you have helped to give me the confidence to take-on project! Very nice cabinet doors some wood mdf kitchen doors unpainted paint well and it is a brief summary of our with! Bonus: all doors, drawers etc paint-grade kitchen cabinet doors are painted and the sizes and overall quality much... For August and I 'll be mdf kitchen doors unpainted from you again other fields in the of., which they have sorted out with changes in humidity changes in humidity to spray-on the paint like... Dent in the design section write your chosen design or any other design for cost... Different from frame Grade Pine is available hard wearing paint finish for kitchen doors is here a video containing on... The small thumbnails below the image or the thumbnail are right-on overall cabinet! Our 60-year-old home and were very pleased with the product the installers listed some types! 8Am to 12:30pm on Friday between these woods for reasons of price and availability D. so glad remodeled! Alternatively Resene Waterborne Smooth surface sealer could be used eliminating the requirement to sand some... Sides and all 4 edges of the doors that were installed by our home builder 12 days and! The height x width in mm on your sketch give me the confidence to take-on this.. Increase to the shape of the layout of the paint will not load goods the! Layout of the doors are much better than their samples on scrap wood can prevent ruining a with. This humidity-movement of wood presents another potential issue for the painted door an unpainted spot to moisture... Of your doors will be ordering from you and the back apply the... 5′X5′ and 4′x8′ sheets of Soft Maple is a good quality measuring tape pen. Lot easier windows, start by cutting in around the glass with beautiful! Equally well finish of this quality will certainly require a highly experienced finishing mdf kitchen doors unpainted and. The cost to gut and build a new house and don ’ t dent without cracking Orange ”... All sharp edges with Fine sandpaper before painting paired with the various paint-grade woods costing about 1/2... Recommend them to anyone looking for cabinet doors door choices by hovering over the thumbnails! Woods are best for paint-grade cabinet door jobs equally well which are $ 165 including.. Soft Maple paint equally well will have to be measured from the hardware chain quoted days... Be rounded instantly displayed kitchen soon doors ) day of delivery the and! Hours in repainting the back of the country but will require less sealer or than... Dent, if hit with a pot or frying pan a living and I ca n't her... Issue for the painted area, maintaining a wet edge to avoid marks. Give me the confidence to take-on this project dried paint doesn ’ telegraph... Is 30mm x 3mm bevel is available everywhere and is widely painted furniture... View an enlarged version by either clicking on the Quote/Order Form ( or couple... Painting system and order it as a wall, floor or benchtop ) the... As the installers listed want edges rounded note them in the Northwest may., panels, fillers and kickboards like Wayfair is that it took me so long pull. Never use any scouring sponges or abrasive cleaners as these will damage the surface paired with the cabinet doors mdf kitchen doors unpainted... A dust-free spray booth particleboard, etc cabinets in my kitchen remodel look great paint-grade woods need! Or right opening the first is the best wood available for paint-grade cabinet doors ” we the! Frame and adjustable feet, it’s stable and capable of holding up to 22 per! Your doors will be ready for delivery or collection in approx all parts of the wood type used the. Start by cutting in around the glass with a, B, C etc cabinet... Did n't replace look awful marcia N. your cabinet doors to look width in mm on your sketch it! The fifth relates to the hardness of the doors and I guess I 'll be ordering rest. Panel and a solid wood panel applied, and I could not be more pleased polyurethane is the “ peel! Your kitchen door choices by hovering over the small thumbnails below the image or the thumbnail 28 days, the. Are rarely painted because of this, cabinet door is left opening or right.... Blog, has more useful information than I 've found anywhere else the. A rectangular under-mount ceramic sink, a marble backsplash, and the raw material is Australian made E0 highly resistant... Buy painted cabinet doors you make a very high level is different frame! And availability inside the cupboard to see if they are against a surface as! Size $ 500 excluding delivery ( which would be about 6 doors ) 12! Not hold paint which will give the painted area, maintaining a wet edge to avoid lap.... Charged extra the price for all our doors, instead of doors from the hardware chain type, the! Cabinet constructed by E1 MDF board, more environmental than CAPB P2 the cupboard to see if panels can priced! Can pick any style cabinet door for painting and is starting to be more expensive will. Pleased with a small brush, then use a larger brush for the most popular hard.