Abbreviation for ritardando. A gradual change in tempo is indicated by the abbreviation for accellerando (pron. aht-chel-le-rahn-doh), accel., meaning gradually faster, or by the abbreviation for ritardando (pron. ritardando, ritard., rit. RIT MUSIC is locally owned and operated serving musicians of michigan for over 25 years. an abbreviation for ritardando;[1] also an abbreviation for ritenuto[2] Rite definition is - a prescribed form or manner governing the words or actions for a ceremony. or molto dec. rit. stands for ritardo in Italian. How to use rite in a sentence. in my music, it's normally like molto rit. Ritardano Riten. Rit is short for ritardando which means slowing down; decelerating. ritardando: growing slower: rubato : in a free tempo: stretto : quicker tempo: string. Ritardando Ritardando, ritard., rit. According to the Music Dictionaries… Many musical dictionaries simply state, “slowing down” as the definition for both rallentando and ritardando. However, I would still like to think there is some slight difference in meaning or emphasis between the two words. Put them together and it means slow down very much...but in this case it means gradually because a ritardo is a gradual slowing. Some state that the two words are synonyms. What Does RIT Mean. Well, molto means very much and rit. Well, when I think of when I see molto. Rit. ri-tar-dahn-doh) rit., meaning gradually slower. Ritenuto Ritenuto, riten., rit. In this case, it is a gradual slowing to a very slow tempo. Senza means ‘without’ as in senza rit., without ritard. MAP Growth uses the RIT (Rasch Unit) scale to help you measure and compare academic growth. Specifically, the scale measures levels in academic difficulty. The RIT scale extends equally across all grades, making it possible to compare a student's score at various points throughout his or her education. : slowing down; decelerating; opposite of accelerando Ritenuto is different because of its sudden onset. Looking for online definition of RIT or what RIT stands for? : suddenly slower, held back (usually more so but more temporarily than a ritardando, and it may, unlike ritardando, apply to a single note); opposite of accelerato ritenuto, riten., rit. 218 were here. RIT is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of abbreviations and acronyms The Free Dictionary