The last two times I was there, there was practically no seafood at all in the soup. They are like family practically, and the kids now love the food as much as we do! This is the absolute best wonton soup I've ever had in my life. Don't wait for a driver ? We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Shanghai Gourmet Regular I eat at Shanghai Gourmet every Monday for months now. Our Location. A nice touch. The...shanghai noodle soup is superb. Not oily (for Asian) and not salty. If what's happened to this dish (which is now also rather heavy on the curry as well) is at all typical of what's going on in the restaurant, then beware! 1715 post RD east (2,286.08 mi) Westport, CT 06880. The area is nicely decorated, clean, the staff is friendly and provide...good service. and get my drift . Most people came in and out ordering takeout. Opens at … The dumplings have light dough skins and the pork is delicious. This last time, I'd say there was barely a tablespoon of tiny chopped pieces of shrimp--nothing more--in the soup--extremely disappointing! Shanghai Gourmet Restaurant offers authentic and delicious tasting Chinese and Asian cuisine in Norwalk, CT. Shanghai Gourmet's convenient location and affordable prices make our restaurant a natural choice for eat-in or take-out meals in the Norwalk community. Not on the menu? haven't been here in a few years. Some time around three years ago the SG either changed management / ownership or chefs and it has never been the same since. good service. Excellent dumplings and the soups ..5*.Everything we have tried here is wonderful. Lea reseñas, vea el menú y fotos y haga reservaciones en línea para Shanghai Gourmet. The giant bowl of Shanghai noodle soup with Chicken or beef or pork or seafood....or a combo is like Mama made if she live in East Asia. The last two times I was there, there was practically no seafood at all in the soup. Plan your road trip to Shanghai Gourmet in CT with Roadtrippers. With just a couple of tables and no atmosphere, your better bet here is takeout but you won't be disappointed with the superb quality of the offerings, characteristic of a high-end rather than takeout establishment. Shanghai Gourmet, Westport Picture: Shanghai Gourmet - Check out Tripadvisor members' 1,723 candid photos and videos. more, There are newer reviews for Shanghai Gourmet. And the price is reasonable!More, When we moved up from New York we were not happy with the Cheese food (except Little Kitchen ....for dining) . The power of good food. more. Get quick answers from Shanghai Gourmet staff and past visitors. Shanghai Gourmet offers takeout which you can order by calling the restaurant at (203) 259-7888. Grubhub.com. One time, I could write it off as an accident in the kitchen, but two times in a row and it looks like they're trying to fund their kid's college education by skimping on the more expensive ingredients. Shanghai Gourmet, Westport Picture: Shanghai Gourmet - Check out Tripadvisor members' 1,732 candid photos and videos. Shanghai Gourmet Westport, CT. A nice little take out restaurant with about 6 tables for those same who wish to eat in. However the menu is quite large with different types of Asian food. Get Directions. The menu is extensive with tasty selections from Thailand and all regions of China. No cuisines specified. One time, I could write it off as an accident in the kitchen, but two times in a row and it looks like they're trying to fund their kid's college education by skimping on the more expensive ingredients. not to be missed and people from all around rave about the boneless spare ribs. +20 3 2568188. 48 van 122 restaurants in Westport. Shanghai Gourmet: Best Chinese food in town. Does this restaurant offer table service? Appeared to be under new management. Contact Us. Shanghai Gourmet can be contacted at (203) 256-8188. In comparison to other Chinese restaurants, Shanghai Gourmet is reasonably priced. white instead of brown rice and forgot an appetizer. If you eat there...no atmosphere and people constantly getting their orders. Standard take -outs (you know...Chicken/cashews, general tso's, Moo Shu, Noodle dishes and...) The staff is so friendly and accomodating and the rare times we eat there they couldn't be nicer. They know us and last time they sent us home with...white instead of brown rice and forgot an appetizer. The menu is Asian fusion, made with fresh ingredients and in comparison to many restaurants in this category should be considered a notch above the rest, a... More. Does this restaurant offer table service? Hotels near Levitt Pavillion For The Performing Arts, Hotels near (HPN) Westchester County Airport, Hotels near (ISP) Long Island MacArthur Airport, Italian Restaurants with Delivery in Westport, Japanese Restaurants for Lunch in Westport, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Westport. Best Chinese food in the Fairfield/Westport area. Shanghai Gourmet | Food Delivery | Takeout - Online Menu. I got so caught up in “catching-up”, that I lost track of what may be old but is still damn good. If they delivered all the other delivery asian restaurants would close! It's a small space with limited seating. hopefully they get their mojo back. Not oily (for Asian) and not salty. Standard take -outs (you know...Chicken/cashews, general tso's, Moo Shu, Noodle dishes and...) The staff is so friendly and accomodating and the rare times we eat there they couldn't be nicer. Shanghai Gourmet in Westport is one such place to me. Very small with impressive menu of Asian food. Order takeout and you will be very surprised.More, I have been going to this restaurant for years and, in general, have been very pleased, but it's taken a turn downhill recently. A nice touch. Been here for several years. The owner(s) always greet me with a smile and already know my order, but still ask if i'll be having the usual.... more. $$$ $$. The restaurant is neat, clean, and nicely decorated. Phone #: (203)256-8188. The family wonton soup is delicious. Excellent dumplings and the soups ..5*.Everything we have tried here is wonderful. One of my go-to dishes is their Thai Curry Seafood Soup (for 2, $7.95), and it's a dish that used to be...so good that I would occasionally stop by to order just this as take-out. Parking space very limited so be prepared for quick in/out visit to pick up order. We have found the food to be delicious. The Chicken with cashews, Chicken with black bean sauce is unreal, The egg roles are nit the factory made that you have in so many Chinese. Save printable Shanghai Gourmet promo codes and discounts. Foto van Shanghai Gourmet, Westport: Nice food - bekijk 1.723 onthullende foto’s en video’s van Shanghai Gourmet gemaakt door Tripadvisor-leden. Their special wanton soup for two is a simple, tasty and very healthful mix of fat free...More, The menu changed under the new management and it has not been the same. and noodle soup you should try Curry . Shanghai Gourmet, Westport Picture: Nice food - Check out Tripadvisor members' 1,723 candid photos and videos. Rich, exotic, not overly spiced and laden with seafood--until recently. https://www.mapquest.com/us/connecticut/shanghai-gourmet-696113 What's Nearby TM They are like family practically, and the kids now love the food as much as we do! Fast, efficient service. However the menu is quite large with different types of Asian food. Health-conscious dieters love the low-fat fare and fresh plates served at Shanghai Gourmet.Keep it casual at Shanghai Gourmet, and save that little black dress for a different occasion. Called ahead to let them know such a large group was coming. Shanghai Gourmet is Chinese restaurant in Westport, CT. Read reviews, view the menu and photos, and make reservations online for Shanghai Gourmet. (877) 585-1085. The power of good food. Our restaurant is known for its variety in taste and high quality fresh ingredients. But the food. Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Shanghai Gourmet at 1715 Post Rd E, Westport, CT 06880. Hotels near Levitt Pavillion For The Performing Arts, Hotels near (HPN) Westchester County Airport, Hotels near (ISP) Long Island MacArthur Airport, Italian Restaurants with Delivery in Westport, Japanese Restaurants for Lunch in Westport, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Westport. Never a long wait for your order, Typically ready in 10 minutes! so good that I would occasionally stop by to order just this as take-out. Never a long wait for your order, Typically ready in 10 minutes!More, We have had dinner (eating in) twice and one lunch (take out) from this charming restaurant and really enjoyed it each time. Shanghai Gourmet Regular I eat at Shanghai Gourmet every Monday for months now. Cold out? Shanghai Gourmet Westport Menu - View the Menu for Shanghai Gourmet Fairfield County on Zomato for Delivery, Dine-out or Takeaway, Shanghai Gourmet menu and prices. This is a splendid place - just a takeout, but a takeout serving excellent food. Shanghai Gourmet Westport has been serving us once a week for 10 years. Not the usual US stuff at all. Coming to move here from NY we were so happy to find this gem of our must go-to Chinese takeout. Shanghai Gourmet, Westport: See 19 unbiased reviews of Shanghai Gourmet, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #48 of 122 restaurants in Westport. There are a few tables which are nice but people come in and out. Delicious. Shanghai Gourmet is located at 1715 Post Rd E,, Westport, CT 06880. Service was fast, … For lunch, it is not only reasonable, but they do make an effort to cook the food fresh. Is Shanghai Gourmet currently accepting reservations? When I tasted Shanghai Gourmet's Special Lo Mein, I was transported back to those days. I had vegetable Pad Thai. Lea reseñas, vea la carta y fotos y haga reservas en línea para Shanghai Gourmet. They have an online portal, where you can order a meal, and specify when you want it to be ready. Decades ago, when I was working night shifts on Oxford University's mainframe...computer, we used to have a late night meal at the local Chinese Takeaway. Shanghai gourmet is small take out restaurant but Very good food and fresh, should try big bowl curry noodle soup and mango sauce beef. We have been going here for years and love it!!! M C. 08/15/19. but something happened recently and it seems as they have gone down hill fast. If they delivered all the other delivery asian restaurants would close! The MOST delicate wontons and the broth is incredible. Always quick and on … My family used to go there ALL the time…. My favorites of Mongolian beef, Szechuan dumplings...More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Table was ready when we arrived 20...More. 1715 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880. Address: 1715 Post Road East (Rte 1) … When I tasted Shanghai Gourmet's Special Lo Mein, I was transported back to those days. Shanghai Gourmet is a Chinese Food in Westport. shanghai noodle soup is superb. The giant bowl of Shanghai noodle soup with Chicken or beef or pork or seafood....or a combo is like Mama made if she live in East Asia. It was average. The dumplings have light dough skins and the pork is delicious. Rich, exotic, not overly spiced and laden with seafood--until recently. I have had the same dish at other restaurants in the area, and this was the worst of...More, Shanghai Gourmet- a tiny eat in or takeout Asian food restaurant has fabulous food.