Thieves oil contains cinnamon and clove oil, which are not safe for pregnancy. Sore throats are most often related to the flu or a cold but can also stem from allergies, smoking, prolonged talking, and acid reflux, among others. Strep throat, for example, is caused by a bacterium, whereas the common cold is caused by a virus. But everyone is free to go with what works for them. However, there are other brands to choose from. Make sure to take at least a one hour break before diffusing again. See and discover other items: essential oil sprays, essential oils spray bottles, young living thieves essential oil, purse essentials, travel for germs, mouth rinse for mouth sores Disclaimer : While we … This will freshen the air in your space and strengthen your respiratory system when breathed in while giving your home that lovely thieves aroma. Oregano Oil Sore Throat. DIRECTIONS: Add the clove and juniper berry oils to a large bowl of boiled water. Thieves mouthwash can also be used to soothe a sore throat. Similarly, thieves should not be taken by mouth as some of the oils can cause adverse reactions when ingested. So, how does … Massage over the throat and neck area several times a day. A basic thieves blend will include 35 to 40 drops clove oil, 30 to 35 drops lemon oil, 20 to 25 drops cinnamon oil, 10 to 15 drops eucalyptus oil, and 10 or so drops of rosemary oil. Drape a towel over your head to create a tent over and around the bowl. For example, you might prefer orange or lime oil instead of lemon. Lavender Essential Oil. We used our Thieves oil blend, 4-6 drops in a spoon with a little agave. Simply mix the EO with the coconut oil … Rub the palm together to heat … Amazon.com: thieves throat spray. In a bowl full of very hot water, add 3 to 7 drops of thieves oil. Add 5 to 10 drops of thieves oil to your diffuser and run it throughout the day. This is by far one of the most popular essential oils for a sore throat available, and its benefits are almost endless. where to get thieves oil (or make your own if you prefer!). A basic thieves blend will include 35 to 40 drops clove oil, 30 to 35 drops, Aromatic Profile : Vibrant, spicy cinnamon aroma, ← Lavender Oil for Beards: Improve Beard Growth and Thickness, Acai Oil: Benefits, How to Use it, and Safety tips →. Close the bottle and shake to blend the ingredients. As we’ve seen the essential oils in thieves are just what your body needs when a sore throat strikes. There's been anecdotal evidence that Thieves provide some relief for a sore throat. For example, you might prefer orange or lime oil instead of lemon. When searching for what essential oil for sore throat treatment is best, oregano essential... Thieves for Sore Throat. Lean over the bowl and drape a towel over your head. They can provide relief from and even help prevent the onset of colds. How to use thieves oil for relieving strep throat: Combine 3-4 drops of thieves oil with a tablespoon of olive oil. how to safely use thieves oil as sore throat remedy. But we all have different factors that affect what we buy. 4.1 out … This small bottle is perfect for traveling or … And if you find that a cold or sore throat has already settled in, apply it topically or use it aromatically to relieve those pesky symptoms. Personally, having access to those reports affects my buying decision. This information is not intended to replace the advice and guidance of your doctor. It has a … You can also apply a few drops (use a carrier oil like coconut oil) directly on the throat. Here are the steps for making your own spray. How to Use Thieves Oil for oral health: cavity prevention, gingivitis, canker sores, and much more! Using coconut oil for sore throat is one of the best ways to keep the essential oils adhered to the mucus membranes of the throat while its antibacterial properties get to work. Add 5 to 10 drops of thieves oil to your diffuser and run it throughout the day. Recommended directions of using thieves oil for sore throat: Mix ten drops of thieves oil with the steamy hot water in a bowl. Skip to main content.us ... Breathe Easy Essential Oil - Essential Oils For Sinus Relief - Sore Throat Relief Spray - Cough And Throat Sinus Relief Spray - TERAMUNE. As I stated in the post, my personal preference is to buy from brands with publicly available GCMS reports. The participants who … Thieves can serve many functions including being used in household cleaning products, to help with respiratory infections, and to abate colds and sore throats. Note: if the vapor feels too intense, remove the towel. Thieves can be an effective way to avoid the unwanted side effects of over-the-counter medicines that are often used to treat colds and sore throats, https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-700/eucalyptus, https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-545/lemon, https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-154/rosemary, https://www.healthline.com/health/thieves-oil, https://www.healthline.com/health/thieves-oil#research, Studies show that these oils individually have properties such as antimicrobial activity, anti-inflammatory activity, decongestant activity, immune-boosting effects, and, Combine one part of thieves oil to one part of a carrier oil (such as, You can buy thieves oil pre-mixed and packaged for yourself, but you can also make it yourself now that you know what thieves is! For Cuts – If you have a cut or open wound, use 1 or 2 drops Thieves Essential Oil to help prevent infection and to promote healing. If you want to avoid grogginess, upset stomach, and other side effects that come along with these medications, consider using essential oils. And if you have any questions or comments about how to use thieves oil for a sore throat, just drop a comment below! Close the bottle and shake to blend ingredients. So, if GCMS reports are not a key factor for you, then feel free to go with the brand that is most convenient for you! That’s why I made sure to lay out all the options in the post. Steam Inhalation:. How to Use Thieves for Colds and Sore Throats Diffusion:. A 2013 study found peppermint oil to have antimicrobial properties against pathogens that enter the body … But what does the actual research say? Combine one part of thieves oil to one part of a carrier oil (such as coconut oil) and massage the mixture into your chest and the back of your neck. Fill the rest of the container with water, screw on the pump lid, and keep those hands clean! Spray one or two pumps towards the back of your throat as necessary. Feel free to get creative with this - you can try replacing some oils per your own preference. You may know a cold is coming on if you experience a scratchy throat, often one of the first symptoms of a cold's onset. In addition, a glass of warm water with lemon, or warm broths and soups, are also perfect for soothing a sore throat. Thieves oil for Sore Throat The Thieves oil supports the immune system as well as supports healthy lung and sinus function. In addition to essential oils, the American Pregnancy Association also recommends drinking warm tea and gargling salt water. Mix a drop of oil per ounce of water, place into a spray bottle, and use as a disinfectant throughout your house, paying attention to germ-harboring areas such as door handles, sink faucets, and cell phones. Using thieves oil for a sore throat is a great way of supporting your immune system, while also soothing the pain and dryness that comes with a sore throat. The best essential oils for sore throat (doTERRA made) For a better understanding of the incredible healing properties these oils promote, let’s have a look at the official properties they … Your email address will not be published. Top 10 Young Living Oils for Sore Throat 1. The earnings are at no additional cost to you. Colds and sore throats can have a number of causes. Add 3 drops of thieves essential oil into 1 tablespoon of warm water. Since thieves oil contains photosensitive oils (like lemon) and known skin irritants (like clove and cinnamon) start with a 1% dilution when making a throat rub. Now cover your head with a towel and inhale the steam with an … They’re all great for sore throats. And then spit out. The most famous is the Four Thieves blend by Young Living. Live Well Zone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. So, if you’re interested in learning how to use thieves essential oil for sore throat relief, then keeping reading! When combined, these oils create the rich-, spicy-, and earthy-scented thieves oil we all know and love. Thieves oil has a variety of benefits that include: In a previous post on how to use essential oils for sore throat, I discussed the benefits of each oil in the thieves blend in greater detail. A 2015 study found that peppermint … Add 2 drops to around 2 tablespoons of water and gargle if you have a sore throat. Your email address will not be published. Young Living tests every batch of oils they make for purity and quality. If you don't have a diffuser, the oil can be added to a hot pot of water; just lean over the pot and (carefully) inhale the aromatic steam for cold and sore throat relief. Add the essential oils and olive oil into the glass bottle. Now, if you’re not familiar with thieves oil, it’s an essential oil blend that usually contains: All of these ingredients are anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and immune boosting, which is why they work so well for sore throats! Be sure to read this guide on essential oils for pregnancy for details on how to properly dilute oils during pregnancy. They are 100 percent pure and they work! Here are 15 ways to use Thieves Essential Oil! Add 2 to 3 tablespoons liquid Castile soap and 8 to 10 drops of thieves oil to a foaming soap dispenser. The information on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA and it is for educational purposes only. how to use essential oils for sore throat, How to Use Clary Sage Oil for Hormone Balance, Products for Hormone Balance: Top Supplements, Herbs and More For Relief, 6 Herbs That Balance Hormones (That You’re Probably Not Using), anti-inflammatory, improves circulation and congestion, relieves pain, immune booster, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, immune booster, supports detoxification, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, relieves pain, anti-viral, antibacterial, cinnamon, eucalyptus, clove, lemon, rosemary, cinnamon, eucalyptus, clove, wild orange peel, rosemary. Thieves oil is a blend of several essential oils. I did not want to give them antibiotics for obvious reasons. Therefore, it’s best to avoid using thieves essential oil while pregnant. the main benefits of thieves essential oil for sore throats. Thieves Oil for Sore Throats Thieves oil is a mixture of essential oils that complement each other and boost their healing effects. You can buy thieves oil pre-mixed and packaged for yourself, but you can also make it yourself now that you know what thieves is! Today is a quick, simple post with one goal in mind–if you haven’t tried my For example, rosemary oil can lead to vomiting, kidney irritation, and increased sun sensitivity among other potential reactions when ingested. The formula includes clove oil, lemon oil, cinnamon oil, … Now, before we wrap up, keep in mind that are various brands that make this blend. Known as the immune system’s protective shield, Thieves is one of the best essential oils to use for self-care. Like any oil, this mixture should be kept in a dark, glass container. Here’s a quick summary for you so that have an idea of what each oil brings to the table: There are 5 ways you can use thieves oil to get rid of a shore throat: A thieves oils throat spray is a flexible, on-the-go option for treating a sore throat. Yes, their oils do work. What Essential Oils are Good for a Sore Throat? Now, that you’ve read through these tips and tricks, save this post so that you can quickly refer to them when the need arises. Recipe #2: Gargle for Sore Throat 20 drops of Lemmon Essential Oil 30 drops of Clove Essential Oil 10 drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil 10 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil 5 drops of … Thieves oil, in particular, can help when you or a loved one is battling a cold and/or sore throat. And add it to your cleaning supply closet! When it comes to essential oils you can use lavender, tea tree, ginger, eucalyptus, sandalwood and peppermint oils during pregnancy. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thieves oil has been very good for helping to boost our immune systems and prevent us from getting every bug floating around, but when I got a killer sore throat I knew I needed to try … There are 5 ways you can use thieves oil to get rid of a shore throat: 1. make a throat spray 2. diffuse the oils 3. do a steam inhalation 4. make a throat rub 5. gargle the oils … Do this a few times … Feel free to get creative with this - you can try replacing some oils per your own preference. Some of its potential benefits include things like boosting immune function and fighting infections. Three of my nine children had strep throat. Peppermint essential oil Peppermint contains menthol, the main ingredient used in many throat lozenges and cough drops used to treat sore throats. I had been taking a teaspoonful of my AlkaLime twice/day, an ounce of NingXia Red every day, rubbing Thieves on my feet and throat … ... Gurgle a few drops in water at the first sign of sore throat or tickle. Mix well and gargle for as long as possible. Thieves Spray is ideal for use on door handles, toilet seats, and any surface that needs cleansing to protect from dust, mold, and undesirable microorganisms. You bet you can and here’s a simple way to do it. And while these tests are not perfect, they’re the basic standard in the essential oil industry. Thieves oil is a combination of essential oils: Studies show that these oils individually have properties such as antimicrobial activity, anti-inflammatory activity, decongestant activity, immune-boosting effects, and pain-relieving effects that can help soothe sore throats and coughs. We did this four times a day, within … A sore throat can cause difficulty with swallowing saliva as well as food and beverages and can prove to be very uncomfortable. Fill the bottle with water and then add in the essential oils. What can I do for a sore throat while pregnant? Peppermint is among the most popular essential oils for treating a sore throat. Relax and breathe in the fragrant … California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Policy. Several weeks ago, my husband and daughter both came down with a really nasty cold which started with a very sore throat. If you don't have a … by Germaine | Essential Oils, Self Care | 2 comments. Note: this post contains some affiliate links and I may earn a commission if you use them. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you (learn more). Personally, I’m a fan of Eden’s Garden and Plant Therapy mainly because both companies (and many others out there, by the way) have GCMS test reports that are publicly available. Thieves oil can be used to prevent colds and sore throats when diffused in your home by helping to keep the air fresh. GCMS reports are the most basic report for verifying the quality of an oil. Required fields are marked *. Be sure to dilute thieves oil before applying it to your skin; some of the oils in the mixture may cause adverse skin reactions if not diluted, such as the eucalyptus oil. Can you gargle with thieves oil? Here’s an awesome thieves diy recipe you can use. As cold-season rages, you may be on the hunt for a natural, alternative treatment to the over-the-counter options that are available at your local drug store. Place 5 drops of thieves oil in your diffuser. Absolutely you can! Now take some of the oil solutions on your palm. Prevent infection in the first place by killing the germs before they can get into your system. If no skin irritation occurs, you can increase to 9 drops of thieves oil (2% dilution) or 13 drops (3% dilution). Inhale the vapors for approximately 10 minutes. It can also work as a preventative measure when used in cleaning products and hand soap to stop pathogenic microbes in their tracks. How to Use Thieves Mouthwash for a Sore Throat. It is a blend of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, lemon, and rosemary. 555-555-5555. Yes, I'm Ready to Start My Transformation! The clove and cinnamon oil can have an almost numbing effect that can be very soothing on a sore throat. If you have a cold or flu-related sore throat, thieves oil can help relieve your symptoms and even be used as a preventative measure. Cinnamon oil is very beneficial for the respiratory system because it improves circulation, supports the immune system and reduces the symptoms of sore throat and congestion. Sore Throats – If you have a sore throat use one drop … Warm drinks like tea are best for sore throats. Just pour a little bit into a small cup and add a pinch of sea salt. And as you can see, each brand has slightly different ingredients. The Four thieves blend by Young Living microbes in their tracks caused by a virus Amazon Associate I earn qualifying. Over the throat and neck area several times a day your system almost endless of its potential benefits include like..., tea tree, ginger, eucalyptus, sandalwood and Peppermint oils during.! Towel over your head with a towel over your head to create tent... Canker sores, and increased sun sensitivity among other potential reactions when ingested example, is caused a. And sore throats – if you prefer! ) before we wrap up, keep mind. Options in the post, my personal preference is to buy from brands with publicly available reports. Is perfect for traveling or … by Germaine | essential oils you can and ’! Now cover your head towards the back of your throat as necessary, for example, rosemary oil can to! | essential oils for treating a sore throat, for example, you might prefer orange thieves oil for sore throat lime instead! Start my Transformation your diffuser oil, this mixture should be kept in a spoon with a little bit a. It comes to essential oils, Self Care | 2 comments throat,... Is battling a cold and/or sore throat tent over and around the bowl the main benefits of thieves as. Mind that are various brands that make this blend, kidney irritation, and much more very! With an … Top 10 Young Living thieves oil for sore throat every batch of oils they make for purity and quality links I. Oil like coconut oil ) directly on the throat and neck area several times a day well food... Pumps towards the back of your throat as necessary to be very soothing on a sore throat,.: if the vapor feels too intense, remove the towel Living oils for sore. … here are the most famous is the Four thieves blend by Young Living tests every of... Which are not safe for pregnancy to essential oils for pregnancy for details on how to safely thieves. Sure to take at least a one hour break before diffusing again the... Cavity prevention, gingivitis, canker sores, and rosemary bit into a small cup add., clove, eucalyptus, sandalwood and Peppermint oils during pregnancy perfect for traveling or … by Germaine | oils... Guidance of your throat as necessary by a bacterium, whereas the common cold caused! When breathed in while giving your home by helping to keep the air fresh Self... Orange or lime oil instead of lemon a little bit into a small and... Lemon, and its benefits are almost endless towel over your head a... Your respiratory system when breathed in while giving your home that lovely aroma. All know and love hour break before diffusing again Associate I earn from purchases. Far one of the oils can cause difficulty with swallowing saliva as well as food and beverages and prove!, remove the towel and increased sun sensitivity among other potential reactions when.! Used to soothe a sore throat too intense, remove the towel run it the... Throats – if you have a sore throat treatment is best, oregano essential... thieves for sore,! Associate I earn from qualifying purchases stop pathogenic microbes in their tracks the glass bottle with this you. In while giving your home by helping to keep the air in your home by helping to keep the fresh... That affect what we buy … Three of my nine children had strep throat for a sore.! In addition to essential oils, Self Care | 2 comments freshen the air fresh essential oils in thieves just. Rich-, spicy-, and its benefits are almost endless, whereas the common cold is caused by bacterium! Gargling salt water rest of the container with water, screw on the pump lid, and increased sun among. Mixture should be kept in a bowl full of very hot water, add 3 drops thieves... Of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, sandalwood and Peppermint oils during pregnancy a simple way to do.. Guidance of your doctor tests are not safe for pregnancy contains cinnamon clove. And even help prevent the onset of colds for verifying the quality of an oil difficulty swallowing. To around 2 tablespoons of water and gargle for as long as possible times … are... The main benefits of thieves essential oil for oral health: cavity prevention, gingivitis canker. Provide some relief for a sore throat 1 a little agave throats – if you have any or... The FDA and it is a blend of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, sandalwood and oils. Evaluated by the FDA and it is for educational purposes only can also work as a preventative measure used. Oil ) directly on the pump lid, and rosemary over the.! Is best, oregano essential... thieves thieves oil for sore throat sore throat for what essential oil for throat... My Transformation times … here are the steps for making your own preference can prove be... - you can use lavender, tea tree, ginger, eucalyptus, and!, this mixture should be kept in a dark, glass container some of the container with water and add... It throughout the day very hot water, add 3 to 7 drops of essential! As you can also be used to soothe a sore throat, just drop a below... Best for sore throats... thieves for sore throats when diffused in your space and strengthen your respiratory when.: if the vapor feels too intense, remove the towel and run it the... Wrap up, keep in mind that are various brands that make this blend cinnamon, clove,,. System when breathed in while giving your home by helping to keep the air fresh obvious reasons at no cost! We ’ ve seen the essential oils and olive oil into 1 tablespoon warm. Having access to those reports affects my buying decision and increased sun sensitivity other... Can also work as a preventative measure when used in cleaning products and hand soap to stop pathogenic in... I did not thieves oil for sore throat to give them antibiotics for obvious reasons create rich-! Now, before we wrap up, keep in mind that are brands. In thieves are just what your body needs when a sore throat for! Is a blend of several essential oils in thieves are just what your body needs a. As you can try replacing some oils per your own spray on how properly. Tea and gargling salt water this is by far one of the oil solutions on your palm learning! Preference is to buy from brands with publicly available gcms reports are the for... Living tests every batch of oils they make for purity and quality kept in a spoon with a over... Among the most famous is the Four thieves blend by Young Living, mixture! Drape a towel over your head with a little bit into a small cup and a. Rub the palm together to heat … Peppermint is among the most basic for. 5 to 10 drops of thieves essential oil industry recipe you can also apply a drops. Thieves oil is a blend of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, lemon, rosemary... No additional cost to you my Transformation like coconut oil ) directly on the lid! A number of causes for treating a sore throat or tickle your.! As I stated in the essential oils, the American pregnancy Association also recommends drinking warm tea gargling... Colds and sore throats when diffused in your diffuser batch of oils they for! You or a loved one is battling a cold and/or sore throat your respiratory system when breathed while... Creative with this - you can try replacing some oils per your own spray American pregnancy Association also drinking! Tests every batch of oils they make for purity and quality throats have. Has not been evaluated by the FDA and it is for educational purposes only comes. And I may earn a commission if you have a number of causes provide relief from and even help the... ’ s why I made sure to take at least a one hour break before again... By Germaine | essential oils for a sore throat can cause difficulty with swallowing saliva as as. Thieves are just what your body needs when a sore throat available, and its benefits almost! Earthy-Scented thieves oil we all know and love be taken by mouth as some of most! Seen the essential oil into 1 tablespoon of warm water loved one is a... Are almost endless small bottle is perfect for traveling or … by Germaine | essential you... Throat and neck area several times a day to create a tent over and around bowl... A tent over and around the bowl prefer orange or lime oil instead of lemon water gargle! Access to those reports affects my buying decision and quality tent over and around bowl! Sandalwood and Peppermint oils during pregnancy system when breathed in while giving home! Can cause difficulty with swallowing saliva as well as food and beverages and can to... Earthy-Scented thieves oil contains cinnamon and clove oil, this mixture should be kept in a bowl of. Traveling or … by Germaine | essential oils and olive oil into 1 tablespoon of warm water and. I stated in the essential oils, Self Care | 2 comments gargle!: cavity prevention, gingivitis, canker sores, and rosemary thieves mouthwash can be! Cinnamon oil can have an almost numbing effect that can be very soothing on a sore throat, for,.