Price was on the high side. Guest House Yamato is rated "Superb" by our guests. Yamato – a restaurant from the Michelin Guide Find all the information you need on the Yamato restaurant: Michelin guide review, user reviews, cuisine, opening times, meal prices… Yamato - … Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Lovely Japanese restaurant in the city centre. Lothian Road connects, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel. However if you like some Japanese’s most...delicate seafood like uni (uchiko) or salmon fish roe like me , you probably will be disappointed since they don’t taste fresh. I only saw him ran around the whole night serving and refilling water/green tea. We came in last week for dinner and the food was amazing as always. Wow, this is stuff for real tuna-lovers. Best sushi in Edinburgh and...I will be be - thank you.More, Best in the business for some dishes in the town if you know what to order. It was nice to be slightly segregated from the rest of the restaurant so that we could celebrate in...semi privacy. About The Author. made me feel hugely disappointed. Price was on the high side. 11 Lochrin Terrace, Edinburgh EH3 9QJ Scotland +44 131 466 5964 Website Menu. The food is absolutely stunning. Tea cost £3.5 per cup so be aware to avoid at all cost. Get quick answers from Yamato staff and past visitors. Highly recommend. Important: This destination may have COVID-19 travel restrictions in place, including specific restrictions for lodging. The seafood donburi I had was amazing ( apart from the salmon roes though). I only got served by the waiter the whole night. This is probably the place for working adults who are looking for taste, experience and ambience. However, this time some dishes were worst than the first visit which...made me feel hugely disappointed. We were hopeful because Yamato is from the same stable as Kampai and Sushiya, which offer superior Japanese food in Edinburgh. aubergine, and the one delivered tonight did not disappoint, just like a dish of gyoza. Wow, this is stuff for real tuna-lovers. It’s as good as what you will get in Japan. If you've been to Kampai, it's a very similar offering, perhaps with some additional high-end items. Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Prevailing winds meant that most cities that grew in, the district’s busy main roads. I only saw him ran around the whole night serving and refilling water/green tea. InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Edinburgh, Hotels near Camera Obscura and World of Illusions, Hotels near Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, British Restaurants for Families in Edinburgh, Late Night Sushi Restaurants in Edinburgh, Restaurants for Group Dining in Edinburgh, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Edinburgh, Coffee & Tea in Stockbridge & Dean Village, Fish & Chips in Stockbridge & Dean Village. He also told us that he will quit the job in 2 days. Check availability now! Русский . I only saw him ran around the whole night serving and refilling water/green tea. I assume that the waitresses are students that works part time in this restaurant. The food looked and tasted beautiful. The best sushi I’ve ever had. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. made me feel hugely disappointed. Close. Everything is well presented! Will definitely go there again.More, My good impressions after last month's try have been confirmed. Log In. At the end of the night, the waiter quietly told us that he was only started 2 days ago and didn't even know all the dishes yet. It’s as good as what you will get in Japan. It smells clean and fresh and very well maintained. However if you like some Japanese’s most...delicate seafood like uni (uchiko) or salmon fish roe like me , you probably will be disappointed since they don’t taste fresh. We came in last week for dinner and the food was amazing as always. Managed to secure a table on the 'eat out to help out' deal last night and all I can say was yum!